1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work in a better, more efficient way. They can do this because websites can read and write these files, enabling them to recognize you and remember important information that will make your use of a website more convenient (e.g. by remembering your user preferences).
2. What cookies do we use?
Below we list the different types of cookies we may use on the Site.
Performance Cookies - Performance cookies, which are sometimes called analytics cookies, collect information about your use of this Site and enable us to improve the way it works. For example, performance cookies show us which are the most frequently visited pages on the Site, allow us to see the overall patterns of usage on the Site, help us record any difficulties you have with the Site, and show us whether our advertising is effective or not.
Performance cookies on this Site are:
- Untapped uses feature flags to serve different features to our users when we want to get feedback on potential Site improvements and to roll out new features in a staggered manner. Untapped also uses feature flags to track which version of the Site we present to you during your browser session. You may not opt out of Untapped feature flags.
- We use a service offered by Optimizely to provide better functionality and support for our front and back end website and database development. You can learn about how to opt-out of the Optimizely cookie by visiting their website.
Functionality Cookies - In some circumstances, we may use functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow us to remember the choices you make on our Site and to provide enhanced and more personalized features, such as customizing a certain webpage, remembering if we have asked you to participate in a promotion, and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog. All of these features help us to improve your visit to the Site.
Functionality cookies on this Site are:
- Untapped uses this cookie to securely store your login details when you choose the “Remember Me” functionality on our Site. You may not opt out of Untapped feature flags.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies - We and our service providers may use targeting or advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are more relevant to you and your interests. For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our Site and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These cookies remember what you have looked at on the Site and we may share this information with other organizations, such as advertisers. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
Opting out of third-party targeting or advertising cookies does not necessarily mean that you will not see our advertising on third-party websites, only that this advertising will not be targeted to you through the use of third-party cookies.
Targeting and advertising cookies on this Site are:
- Untapped partners with a company called Hubspot to help Untapped manage demo requests originating on the Site. Hubspot sends the requestor an email on behalf of Untapped and, after the requestor clicks on a link in the email, uses a cookie to remember the date, time, and ways the requestor interacts with the Untapped Site. understand how a person interacts with the Site after they request a Untapped demouses this cookie when people sign up through the Hubspot site to request a Untapped demo. Untapped may use the data to deliver customized emails about the Untapped services. Click here to learn more about how to opt out of receiving the Hubspot cookie.
In some circumstances, we may work with third parties to provide services on our Site. Third-party advertisers and other organizations may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Site and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. This information may be used by them to serve advertisements that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based on the content you have viewed. Third-party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements. We do not control these cookies and to disable or reject third-party cookies, please refer to the relevant third party's website. You can also learn more about controlling cookies in Section 4 below.
Third-party cookies on this Site are:
- FullStory helps us understand how Site visitors interact with the Site. We use information from FullStory to improve the Untappedwebsite. Click here to learn how to opt-out of the FullStory cookie.
- Heap helps us understand the big picture about how people interact with our Site. Heap cookies, for example, can help us understand the number of people who clicked on a particular community post on the Site. Click here to learn how to opt-out of the Heap cookie.
- Google Analytics helps us understand details about Site visits in the aggregate, such as the number of pages viewed during a visit. Click here to learn how to opt-out of the Google Analytics cookie.
- Linkedin Insights help us understand how visitors from Linkedin interact with our Site. Click here to learn how to opt-out of the Linkedin Insights cookie.
4. How do I control cookies?
For more information about targeting and advertising cookies, and how you can opt-out, you can also visit http://optout.aboutads.info
Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, not all features of the Site may operate as intended.