How to Foster Equity in a Digital-First Workplace With Dena Upton, CPO at Drift
In this episode:
This week we sat down with Drift’s Chief People Officer, Dena Upton, to discuss how to build an equitable workplace in a remote-first environment, how to build pay equity into your culture, and how to ready your organization for DE&I on day one.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The evolution of DE&I in the last two years and how it’s affected businesses
- The post-pandemic impact on employees and DE&I
- Where DE&I should sit within an organization
- Why and how to think about diversity, equity, and inclusion on day one
- How to think about pay equity, especially in a remote-first work environment
- How to navigate building a digital-first workplace
Dena Upton is the Chief People Officer at Drift, responsible for the company’s talent development, operations, recruitment, and retention strategy. She has led skyrocketing growth, more than doubling in size in 2018, 2019, 2020, and well on her way to expand the team to 600 in 2021. Prior to Drift, Dena served as LogMeIn’s VP, People, and Talent for six years, where she led talent growth from 250M in revenue to over a billion. She brings over 20 years of experience in managing people. Under Upton’s leadership, her prior companies have been recognized for outstanding culture and talent management.